Monday, July 30, 2012

Service or Dis-Service? What's your judgement?

So I get a call that a good customer off exit 5 - her TV and phone are out after the last big lightning storm.  I'm there promptly the next morning and in a few minutes see that on her Verizon triple-play ( TV-phone-wifi ) that everything is out.  Totally.  This elderly (no, she asked me to report VERY ELDERLY) couple has no TV or phone, or internet.  A call (cellular) gets Verizon to tell her a six-day wait to come out.

Now I find that lightning on the street took out her FIOS main power supply, a small white box in the utility closet.  And I can't believe that Verizon would take almost a week to get out so I call.  After a bit on hold I get a very courteous individual who tells be the option is to cancel THEIR service call, and put in for another LATER on.   Well doesn't that just bring a tear to the eye.  Then I see their bill - $190/month

Hey, I like FIOS, but I see it as wonderfully installed with the intention of it not breaking, but if you have a problem, beware.   You know if this was a blockbuster storm, roads impassable, hundreds of customers out, that would be one thing.   But a week's outage on a single case?   Sad, Verizon Fios!

This time I'll say I think Comcast holds the service edge!

No comments:

Post a Comment