Tuesday, February 11, 2014

iTunes Update Woes

iTunes 11.1.4 for Windows: Unable to install or open

you get this? error messages starting your PC?  well I lost iTunes on my desktop, and 2 laptops 10 days ago when it updated to ver. 11.1.4   

We're more used to Microsoft giving us NEW problems as they cure OLD problems; a trade-off tradition.

So the fix?   I Ignored it a while; I STILL wonder why CNET and other tech news sources didn't address this snafu - and maybe I'm in the "silent minority". But this afternoon in earnest I googled "iTunes update problem" and was led to an iTunes forum with instructions.  It looks formidable but wasn't so bad; maybe 40 minutes tops while doing other things.

You basically are doing a full thorough uninstall and removal manually then a reboot and reinstall iTunes.  And up comes my music collection unscathed :)

So tackle it I you'll get the satisfaction.  Isn't so bad; and i I will say problems with iTunes are pretty rare thank goodness!

Heres the link:   http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5376

Now: that great new Rosanne Cash CD I want to burn ... now I CAN! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment